Sunday, January 1, 2012

A hodge podge of Christmas!


This years Christmas Season has been quite a busy one! I am pretty sure that for the 3 weeks leading up to Christmas there was at least one person in our home that was sick. Between strep throat, colds, ear infections, and the baby needing breathing treatments for a chest cold I should have had a personal parking spot at the kids doctors office I was there so much! Thankfully most of that has past!
My eldest daughter turned 10 on Dec. 21st. I can't believe how fast she has grown up...it leaves me with many mixed emotions. I am not ready for her to be a teenager, I miss her being a little girl and knowing that she is just going to keep getting older makes me sad. But I am very proud of the young lady she has become and feel fortunate to get to be her Mom. We had a Birthday party/sleepover for her the weekend before Christmas, so that had me running around as well! Glad she enjoyed it :)
 
 
My four year old son had his Christmas Concert for school at the Columbus Ga. art museum. It was the cutest thing. His pre-kindergarten class sang "Must be Santa" and did hand motions for all of the things they said about Santa. I wish I had pictures but we weren't aloud to take any in the museum. I have a DVD of it and love watching it...makes me tear up every time!
Then my kids all got a special surprise when their favorite Uncle (my youngest brother whose 18) came to spend Christmas with us! The kids were so happy to have their Uncle Craig here with them and I loved having him with us as well. He is such a big help, playing with the kids, cooking with me, running errands with me and the kids...it was a nice gift having him with us.
 
Cayla and her new Car from Santa!
 
Cullen wants a ride
  
Autumn and Uncle Craig playing Lets Dance...lots of fun!
 
As for me, I love getting to have my hubby home with me for 2 weeks work free! That is a perk to being in the military...nice long leave for the holidays. I will be sad when he has to go back....I never tire of having him home with me :)
Now we are headed into the New Year, I am looking forward to seeing what 2012 has in store for my family and me. I am pretty sure a trip to Disney is in the works! What ever it may be I will be sure to keep you all updated.

 Here are more Christmas pictures. It might be a bit much but I love pics!
The Living Room~
 
 
The Christmas Sign I made out of scrap wood.
 
 
 
 



The Dinning Room~

I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season and wish you a Happy New Year! Thanks for following along with me. I have a Giveaway that will be coming up soon...so stay tuned for that!

All the best,
Rachel 
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for following. Look forward to reading more of your posts. I think I am following you and I will check back later, I clicked follow, signed in, done, signed out but no indication on whether or not I was actually following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is so cozy and inviting. I'm glad you got to have your hubby home for a nice, long break. Happy New Year. I look forward to reading more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks so pretty with all of its decorations! I don't think you showed it all before the holidays. Looks like your hubby was home to celebrate your daughters b-day too. That's good! My youngest is 10. Glad that you had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is beautiful :) Now THAT is a cake - amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up on what I missed, Rachel! Your Christmas decorations looked lovely.
    It's scary how quickly the years seem to pass when you have children. I remember the Christmas concert years well, I was always quite tearful!!
    Glad you husband could enjoy a long break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl! I've been MIA for a while, just wanted to let you know your Christmas decor is so pretty and so are your little loves!

    Take care!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete