Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A peek at my bedroom project

I bought an old headboard a while back with the intention of painting it. After reading so many blogs about the wonderful Annie Sloan Chalk Paint I knew that was what I wanted to use....but I had to wait until I could buy it. I finally bought some, in Old White, and was able to get to work on my headboard. 
 

 
It's not finished because I decided I would like to use some Paris gray on it as well....have to wait to buy that! I also need to buy the waxes...so it will take me a little while to have this fully finished. This is definitely a test of my patience...having a vision that I can't bring to fruition drives me a little nuts! Either way it's coming along and I wanted to show the progress I've made so far. Click here for the before picture.


I would love opinions on it...do you think I should rough it up more?

Rachel~


11 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Luv ur headboard and I think it's perfectly distressed! Cant wait to see the whole package! Hope ur havin an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! I just saw your post on Treasure Hunt Thursday; and wanted to come and take a peek. What a great job you did on your headboard! I am a newbie to blogging and your newest follower. I hope you will follow back! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your headboard is awesome! Thanx for coming to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shenita, and thank you for becoming a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving it as it is~ so pretty!! Would love for you to come share at Feathered Nest Friday sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, there! This turned out lovely. Btw, I'm admiring all the creativity here in your blog. May I invite you to join my Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You for your nice comments SJ. I would love to join your party, thanks for the invite! I'll be checking it out :)

    Rachel~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopping back by to say thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday! :) Hope you will come share again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel, I'm not much of an expert on these things but I think that your headboard is absolutely adorable. Great job and I don't think you have to change anything. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete