Thursday, August 11, 2011




I have not posted in almost 2 years...that is a long time! I have had another baby and moved again since my last post. I enjoy living here in Georgia....well more so then Texas lol...the heat is still a kicker though. The best part is that Jose is home with us all the time....he does not have to deploy while we live here....that makes anything worth it. He is such a great help to me and the kids, I don't know how I ever survived without him!
So I have been wanting to do more home projects and craft projects as of lately. I had a wardrobe that had been sitting in my garage for the last 3 years. It was my parents when I was a baby and then resided in my grandmothers house for years. I wanted to re paint it and use it in my daughters room....well I finally got around to doing so. I have never painted a piece of furniture and didn't want to do anything too tricky...so I decided to paint it and then do a crackle finish on it. It sounded easy when I read the glaze bottle...however when I got it home and started to apply the glaze to the painted piece of furniture it started to goop off if the paint brush touched it after it was applied! Urgh it looked like a mess....and I was mad! So I tried my best to never re-touch a spot that the glaze had been applied too....but that left me with an uneven coat of paint. Oh well....I was ok with the outcome and didn't want to have to do it all over again. It looks cute in my daughters room and maybe later down the road it will be re-painted again.








No comments:

Post a Comment